It's dreary January, so I thought that I'd cheer you all up a bit and share one of Hammy's favourite recipes with you! This recipe is for her famous chocolate chip cookies - they're the same ones that she used to make with Kitty Cakes and her brother.
'Free From' Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 bag Moo Free Baking Drops
- 100g Unrefined Caster Sugar
- 125g Dairy-Free Butter
- 1 Medium Egg (or replace with 1 tbsp flax seed, with 3 tbsp of water)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 225g Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Grease a large baking tray.
3. Weigh out the ingredients, sieving the flour and baking powder together, and pre-whisk the egg.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the dairy-free butter and sugar with a wooden spoon. Add the whisked egg along with a tablespoon of flour, and mix.
5. Fold in the rest of the flour and salt, then add in the Moo Free Baking Drops, and mix again.
6. Roll the mixture into even-sized balls (between 12 and 16), then place on the baking tray.
7. Cook for around 15 minutes until a very light-brown colour. Remove from the oven, and cool on a wire rack.
If you'd like to try these cookies for yourself, our Baking Drops are stocked by a number of independent retailers - including Dairy-Free Chocolates: https://goo.gl/KNIQI1
Alternatively, you can also use Hammy's great Choccy Drops (you'll need 150g of them), which are available in independent retailers, and also in selected Waitrose stores!