Dairy Free & Vegan Halloween Bat Buns Recipe
Scarlett's scary Halloween Bat Buns are made with Moo Free's dairy free and vegan chocolate drops. A big thank you to Scarlett Smith for this amazing free-from recipe.
- 80-100g of Moo Free "Milk" Chocolate Baking Drops (available from Tesco)
You can substitute Choccy Buttons or Mini Moo Original Bars if you don't have a Tesco store near you.
- 60g Castor sugar
- 85g Gluten free self-raising flour
- 85g Dairy free margarine/vegan spread
- 1 Teaspoon egg replacer
- 3/4 of a fruit pot
- Mini marshmallows
- Moo Free "Milk" Chocolate Baking Drops
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan/160°C
- Mix together the sugar, flour, margarine, egg replacer, fruit pot & 20g of dairy free "milk" chocolate drops.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the bun cases (preferably black). You should be able to make around 24 petite buns (less if you are using larger bun cases).
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the buns comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, carefully melt most of the Moo Free chocolate (leave some un-melted drops to use as decoration).
- Dip the buns in the melted Moo Free chocolate and swirl to cover.
- Attach 1 pink mini-marshmallow for a mouth and 2 white mini-marshmallows for the eyes to the top of each bun with a dab of chocolate.
- Attach a chocolate drops to the top of each white marshmallow using another dab of chocolate for the eyes.
Bite into and enjoy your scary, chocolate treats (before they try to bite you).