Dairy Free & Vegan Shortbread
We had so many fabulous entries for the recipe competition that choosing a favourite was really hard. However, we’ve picked a winner for the August entry of our "Made With Moo Free" competition. A big ‘thank you’ to Imogen who sent in a recipe for dairy free and vegan Chocolate Shortbread.
- 120g of Moo Free Baking Drops (available from Tesco's)
You can substitute Choccy Buttons or Mini Moo Original Bars if you don't have a Tesco store near you.
- 75g of Caster Sugar
- 150g Dairy free/Vegan Spread
- 250g of Doves Farm Organic ‘Gluten Free’ Plain Flour
This gives the best flavour, but other plain flowers can be used instead.
- Melt the chocolate, dairy free butter and golden syrup in a pan and set aside to cool.
- Grease and line a small baking tray.
- Put the biscuits in a sealed bag and use a rolling pin to bash them up. Anything from the size of a 50p coin down to dust is fine.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a big bowl, then mix in the chocolate.
- Pour out into the tray and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Chop up and enjoy!